You are here:HomeCustomer infoNews
Saturday, November 25, 2017 · 10:38 AM

Solar world record for Galliker

On Friday, October 20, 2017, Peter Galliker Senior was proud to receive the first Swiss Solar Prize in the category Plus Energy Buildings. The 4,000 square meters of photovoltaics on the roof of the Car Terminal produces 520,800 kilowatt hours per year. 34% of the power is needed for the multi-story building, while the other 66% is fed directly into the CKW grid. This enables 148 electric cars to drive 12,000 kilometers CO2-neutral every year. That is not only unique, but a world record.

The 4’000 square meters of photovoltaics on the roof of the Car Terminal produces over 520,800 kilowatt hours per year. The multi-story building only requires 34% of this power, so the other 66% is fed directly into the CKW grid. That is enough to power 148 electric cars over a distance of 12,000 kilometers without any CO2 emissions every year.

This performance saw Galliker Transport AB become the first winner of the Swiss Solar Prize in the category Plus Energy Buildings (PEB). Together with CKW, Galliker also simultaneously holds the world record for the largest e-mobility fleet powered by CO2-free PEB solar energy. The prize was presented by star architect Paul Kalkhoven, senior partner with Foster+Partners London, while the laudation was held by Jo Leinen MEP, Committee on the Environment.

The Swiss Solar Agency jury also praised the multifunctionality of the solar facilities, which protect the new cars on the roof from weather conditions. In addition, the transition between the roof and facade modules reveals that a plus energy construction can look both elegant and aesthetic.

Peter Galliker Senior’s innovative and sustainable concept was developed in cooperation with the engineering enterprise Fent and CKW. Galliker has been using solar energy for many years and is a responsible advocate of sustainable development and a respectful approach to nature.

This is clearly evident from the two warehouses currently under construction in Altishofen and Landquart, which will be fully equipped with solar facilities.

“What we have implemented in silence will now receive appreciation that will echo throughout Switzerland," declared Peter Galliker Senior.



Galliker Transport AG · Kantonsstrasse 2 · CH-6246 Altishofen · Tel. +41 62 748 80 80
© 2017 Galliker Transport AG. The copyright protection textinformation is missing. Please inform your system integrator.
mybluesun systeminfo: clbox3en is missing!
Nov 25, 2017
10:30:00 AM CET