On Friday, October 20, 2017, Peter Galliker Senior was proud to receive the first Swiss Solar Prize in the category Plus Energy Buildings. The 4,000 square meters of photovoltaics on the roof of the Car Terminal produces 520,800 kilowatt hours per year. 34% of the power is needed for the multi-story building, while the other 66% is fed directly into the CKW grid. This enables 148 electric cars to drive 12,000 kilometers CO2-neutral every year. That is not only unique, but a world record.